My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

IRC bot

Whoo hoo!! I just wrote my very first IRC bot and I'm happy. I wrote it to help with IRC conferences.

I want to start a series of bi-weekly IRC conferences. They would be informal "lighting talks". Someone speaks for 10-20min (may include slides, just tell us where to get them). After the talk comes a 5min Q&A. This is where the bot comes in. During the Q&A the channel is moderated. To ask a question you would:

/msg QuestionBot Your question.

The moderator sees the question and posts it when the speaker is done answering the previous one. The moderator would also try to give everyone a chance, and if there are too many questions, pick the better ones.

Then comes a "free for all" period where the channel is unmoderated and anyone can talk. We'll see how this works out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

work from home
work at home
work at home opportunity
work from home jobs
work at home business
free work at home
online jobs work from home
computer work from home
work from home online

8:00 AM  
Blogger bctrainers said...

Heya, I was wondering if you might be able to post up the source code of the IRC bot ... If you could, please email it to me at bctrainers@gmail.com

4:52 PM  
Blogger scottd said...

I am actually looking for an irc question bot as well. If you are willing to let me use it please contact me scottyk87 [AT] gmail .com

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home